Sign in or
Change and Innovation
- Class materials on being a change agent -- coming up with innovative ideas and overcoming obstacles to successfully implement them (uploaded to Scrib'd)
- Firehosing Script -- This is a silly skit that illustrates the concept of dousing ideas with a firehose before they have even had a chance to flicker.
- Challenging the Status Quo -- Class Outline. The class was all about overcoming obstacles to successfully implement change. The outline's a little rough but I hope it can still be helpful to someone.
- Challenge the Process -- PowerPoint Presentation. Based on the leadership practice from Kouzes & Posner's The Leadership Challenge. 2 parts: Finding creative ideas and solutions and finding ways to implement them successfully. (You will see that I ran out of time in the preparation: The first half is graphics heavy; the second half is heavy w/ bulleted lists.)
- Challenge the Process -- Class Outline. The outline that goes with the slide presentation above. Again -- It's not polished.
- Small Groups Teaching Challenge the Process. We had some people in the classroom with more experience in change processes than I had so I introduced key elements of the topic, then asked them each to choose one element, then teach the class about it.
- Why Change Efforts Typically Fail. This was borrowed from Ken Blanchard's Leading at a Higher Level by way of Elizabeth Curry, a really effective training consultant in North Florida. I thought his 15 reasons were right on target. (The formatting got messed up during the upload to Scrib'd.)
- Illustration -- Risk-taking -- Tiger Woods article. Back when Woods was a golden child a colleague shared with me this article about Woods reinventing his swing even when he was on the top of his game. Moral of the story: Even when things are going good, we still need to be seeking ways to grow and improve.
- Sample Ideas for Library Change. I used these for a practice exercise. They picked an idea from the list or came up w/ one of their own, then worked through the process of creating a plan for successfully persuading authorities to authorize the change or for implementing it once approved. Can be used with the worksheet below.
- A Plan for Implementing Change. A worksheet I developed for identifying key stakeholder groups and developing a plan to make an idea for change succeed.
- Proposal Writing Tips. Found online, borrowed from the U.S. - Israel Science and Technology Foundation. I thought it did a really nice job of laying out the parts of writing a proposal for an idea -- often a key step in getting an idea for a change listened to.
- Find all these documents in my Innovation and Change folder on Scrib'd.
Latest page update: made by rhmott
, Sep 26 2011, 11:31 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: Training Materials and Resources
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
Keyword tags: challenge
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.